Skip to main content

Hard Lessons

Ave,

Goodness. Sometimes being a magician sucks. Since I began all of this prayer and work for communion with the HGA, I've taken some rough rolls of the dice. Things have arisen that are not only tests of character, but seem to be decision-making tests.....as if I am determining who I am, and being forced to make certain decisions, instead of being shaped by the tides. Thing is, it isn't all super pleasant. I've been forced through a series of life-issues to make decisions and take stands about things that matter- I am usually a laid back kind of gent, but after certain events this weekend, I've been pulled very strongly toward the center. I've had to step outside and beyond what were once my moral bounds. I've had to leave behind a certain milk-water niceness that is not serving me well.

That is not to say that I've become a cruel person; only that I've been overly hesitant to exert my own will if it inconveniences others. This is a weak, imbalanced way of doing things. As if getting things my own way were impolite. I'm not absolutely certain about where this habit came from. I'm pretty sure I developed it over the course of a life spent not actually caring much about whether things went one way or another. That apathy bled over into other areas (as these things always do), and I find myself acting ineffectually precisely because I don't care enough about the result to be bothered. This is a sign that I wasn't actively taking a stake in the events of my own life; even the mundane events are important, and they are an opportunity to shape my life and my world according to my own will and principle. Not taking that stake is a missed opportunity; to have mastery of the self, one has to be engaged in one's own life. This means taking a stake in the day to day happenings and interactions-this means giving a shit, and being active across the board.

This also seems to coincide with the Fire work, which seems to have commenced regardless of whether I made my formal request. Perhaps the work to connect with the HGA requires a balanced makeup, and Fire is where I currently need to work to create that balance. My Invocation of Bitom probably had a fair bit to do with that-now that I think about it. My,my. Who would have thought that Invoking the Angel of Fire from the tablet of Union would have an effect on one's own Elemental makeup? This is one of those moments where my guru would give me a sound slapping upside the head, if I had one. A guru, that is. My head is still where I left it.

So, some hard lessons learned. Had to face up to being weak and ineffectual in different areas of my life-not a nice feeling. Terribly emasculating. But, it's the truth. You can't carry a torch without shining some light on the crap in your life as well. That's what  I signed up for when I became a Magician. I've learned this lesson a dozen times, but this time I think it will stick-you can't be only be a Magician in your temple. It's a whole life, 24 hour a day commitment.

I hope the day finds you all well!

AIT

Comments

  1. Ave Frater.

    In my opinion, this is one of the best entries in your blog.

    Every time I read it, my eyes swim.

    I am a creative, and struggle through the years to keep up my enthusiasm and focus in a world and business that constantly devalues music and art that has no immediate financial/populist commercial use.

    I've had moments over the past two years of deepest apathy - to the degree of being scary as threatening to undermine my motivation.

    I read this blog a while ago, and am revisiting it. Just the lines -

    'Not taking that stake is a missed opportunity; to have mastery of the self, one has to be engaged in one's own life. This means taking a stake in the day to day happenings and interactions-this means giving a shit, and being active across the board.'

    - make brilliant reading. Hard but brilliant.

    Thanks again, AIT.

    In LVX,

    Darren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Results: Spagyric Tincture using an unknown flower

I've created and refined my first spagryic tincture, and gotten results from it's use! For those not in the know, a spagyric tincture is an alchemical product made using a plant. The Process is deceptively simple; the results immediate and powerful. To create spagryic tinctures, the following equipment is required: 1 Mason Jar 1 Mortar and Pestle 1 Knife, blessed in Ritual Spagyric Supplies 1 Plant, that will be evolved by our Alchemy 1 Container containing a pure Alcohol 1 Retort 1 Butane Burner w/Fuel 1 Tripod/stand for the Retort Filtering Paper-lab grade is nice, but a couple of coffee filters will do just fine. 1 ceramic container for heating 1 Receiving Flask You will need some plastic wrap-to cover the lid of the Mason Jar, to prevent the metal from contacting the tincture. First Method Pick the plant during either the Planetary hour of the pow

Golden Dawn--WTF

Ave, I've been trying my level best to not talk about this latest eruption of foolishness, but good folks are being dragged through the mud (on both sides), and I've grown weary. This whole thing is a steaming pile of bullshit. No one is trying to "destroy" the Golden Dawn, that's just silliness. No one is trying to become the only "legitimate" Golden Dawn order either. I'm sickened by this display. Argue in a scholarly fashion! When did this sniping nonsense become the norm? A debate between honorable and wise gents (both of whom I consider Brothers in the Work) like Fraters AM and SR about the Sabbatian Qabbalah would be wonderful, if we could cut all the bullshit out. Quality conversations, ya'll.  Skip the vitriol, the name calling and the idiotic marketing methods. Yes, it is idiocy. This "McGolden Dawn" nonsense is stupid.Ya'll. GROW THE FUCK UP. For the record, The A+O's transmissions are valid, they are real. T

Bullshit Siddhis

Nsala malongo, So.....powers. They exist. You work your alchemy, and they start popping up. It isn't what you expect. It's not like the comics. Subtle things happen. You get a little something here, a big something there. Some of them appear useless at first. Some years ago, after work in the upper cinnabar field, I gained the dubiously awesome ability to see a sort of spirit double floating around people. At first I was BEYOND stoked, and thought I was well on my way toward ascension from my normal state into a vicious and powerful spiritual overlord, as was foretold. By me. When I was like, fourteen. Then, after the wonder wore off, I realized that this was absolutely useless. The double gave me no information about the person, no power to manipulate myself or the other. It was just there. So. Countless hours of heat and concentration, and the end result was this? Of course it *was* useful in the long-run, as a mark of my developing spiritual s