Skip to main content

Interesting Result

Ave,

On a recent Spagyric experiment, I received an interesting result. While calcining the Salts, the body changed from Black, to grey, to light grey...to Orange! I've never had the salts take on that color before.

I don't know if this is common, and somehting that happens to others all the time-but it was new to me.

It was especially interesting becasue I didn't spend more time performing the calcination than i usually do, and used the same heat source (a torch, burning at a somewhat steady 2300 degrees) to arrive at a different result. Perhaps this is a stage that I was unaware of. Definitely worth noting down.

I've also had something of a breakthrough in my understanding of Alchemy...and have to say that Spagery was behind that increase in understanding. It was not the sort of thing that is communicable in words-a small matter of Gnosis instead of knowledge. Nothing earth shattering, but a connection that gave me another step to climb in my pursuit of understanding. Spagery has proven to be invaluable for me. It may not be the same thing as Alchemy or Inner Alchemy, but it provides one with definite roots in Alchemical practice. And that is a wonderful thing, a priceless thing.

In LVX,

Fra.AIT

Comments

  1. Care Frater A.I.T.,

    Getting a orange tint to the calcinated Salt is a good sign. According to Jean Dubuis having orange Salt makes the leaching/evapoation process superfluous. I don't know about that last assumption, but getting orange out of the Salt is a sign of a higher lever of purity compared to that of the ordinary White.

    Remember that the three (or four) Stages of Alchemy, Nigredo, Albedo, Citrinitas and Rubedo, also are resumed in the Calcination process, not only in the Solve et Coagula process of the overall alchemical operation.

    In Licht, Leben und Liebe
    S.R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Care VH Fra S.R.,

    Thanks-I didn't realize that the Stages where mirrored completely within the calcination phase. Very interesting!

    In LVX,
    AIT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The disastrous effect of Pornography on Theurgy

 Ave, First off.....I'm no Puritan. I'm a huge fan of sex and its healthy expression. I'm a 31 year old American fellow; I practically grew up on the interwebz, and that means plenty of nudity and porn. Especially during my relatively barbaric early twenties. Lots of men my age will tell you they never enjoyed porn, or rarely watched it when they were young. These men are filthy,  filthy liars. It didn't become so mainstream because it was watched so seldom. There may be the occasional gent who avoided partaking, but I give him no credit; that sort of avoidance, built on fear of discovery and hidden shame, is shameful in itself. Like with most things, better to dare, be burnt, and learn than to sit in front of the fire with a trembling cowardice in the face of overwhelming curiosity. Just stay off of /b on 4chan, and you'll come out alright. The issue with pornography isn't a Moral issue. As long as everyone involved is a willing participant, mor...

Golden Dawn--WTF

Ave, I've been trying my level best to not talk about this latest eruption of foolishness, but good folks are being dragged through the mud (on both sides), and I've grown weary. This whole thing is a steaming pile of bullshit. No one is trying to "destroy" the Golden Dawn, that's just silliness. No one is trying to become the only "legitimate" Golden Dawn order either. I'm sickened by this display. Argue in a scholarly fashion! When did this sniping nonsense become the norm? A debate between honorable and wise gents (both of whom I consider Brothers in the Work) like Fraters AM and SR about the Sabbatian Qabbalah would be wonderful, if we could cut all the bullshit out. Quality conversations, ya'll.  Skip the vitriol, the name calling and the idiotic marketing methods. Yes, it is idiocy. This "McGolden Dawn" nonsense is stupid.Ya'll. GROW THE FUCK UP. For the record, The A+O's transmissions are valid, they are real. T...

I'm a ...Pagan?

Ave, So, I was chatting with a fellow Alchemist and dear brother of mine, who was pointing me toward the Feri tradition, an American-born Witchcraft tradition that incorporates elements of Huna and Hoodoo (Which is bloody awesome. Because I incorporate those elements too.) Seems like something I should know about, and I'd never heard of it until he brought it up in one of our recent correspondences. Doing some research for it led me to a blog called The Wild Hunt, which I've read once or twice, but haven't followed closely. It would appear that I'm the only magician on the planet who doesn't follow it closely. The writing is quite good. Reading it gave me pause, as it's directed at Pagans, and I'm not a Pagan. Right? Or am I? Hmm. I'm an Alchemist and a conjurer. I worship the One that is All and is None, as we all do one way or another, and I am a devoted Sacerdos Saturni. I work with the Christian Trinity and Saints/Heroic Dead, and with the an...