Skip to main content

Moon Tincture, Moon Stone

Ave, Fraters et Sorors....

This has been an educational period. The moon tincture I made worked very well-I felt an immediate energetic effect, and then experienced certain changes in awareness and physical side effects that were consistent with the Luna's correspondences. I am trying to keep my spagyric work consistent with the work I am currently undertaking as part of my gradework within the Order. As I am currently a Theoricus, I am focusing on the Air element, Air Triplicity, and the Planetary power of Luna.

As most of the Spagyric literature is focused primarily on the planets, I think it is worth noting that the elements and the astrological forces are completely accesible via spagyrics. Work with plants can introduce these energies gently, preparing you for the stronger influx generated by the rites of ceremonial magic-which is a wondrous thing, as the effects of these energies upon one's outer and inner life can be overwhelming, depending on the balance and strength of each of the energies within one's sphere.

I have begun work on creating a Moon stone, and have been slowly imbibing purified salts with the the Tincture. This is, in essence, re-incarnating the plant in a more purified and higher vibrational form. It has been said that the ability to create a Stone is an excellent signifier of one's Mastery of a particular force. It can take Months for a Stone to fully manifest.

Last night I worked the forces of Luna again; this time charging a previously prepared Elixir (Created using Lavender, which corresponds to the Moon, and releases a heavy perfume which makes the third eye center dance and throb-a not wholly unpleasant experience, as it is nice to have some direct proof of the effectiveness of one's work) with the energies of Luna, using the Greater Invoking Ritual of the Hexagram, Luna. I charged the Elixir using the Sign of the Enterer, after all of the appropriate invocations and blessings, and sealed the energies into the Elixir with strong visualization and the Sign of Silence. I consumed the Elixir, and then performed the Middle Pillar to balance all of the evoked energies. It was interesting, in that the energetic flow wasn't quite the punch I expected-the Moon was waning in the sky, and I think that may have affected the amount of energy available to me at this time.

I have been working with a black mirror, to improve my clairvoyance, and planned on scrying to the plane of Luna at this time. (The Black Mirror is an excellent tool for creating a trance state that is light enough to maintain consciousness, but deep enough to enable visions to dance in front of the inner eye. If you are new to the arts of Ritual Magic, pick out an elemental plane you would like knowledge of. Pick a time of day when the Elemental Tide is occuring for the element you would like to explore. Sit in a quiet room, and gaze into the mirror, whilst performing the middle pillar energetic circulation. Create a current between yourself and the mirror by charging it with the Sign of the Enterer, and then sit and resume your gaze. Continue to raise energy using the final Midlle Pillar circulation, and wait for results. Do Not Grasp For Visions! This kind of sensitive awareness is slippery like an eel, and too tight a grasp will foil it. Hold the expectation of a vision gently.) I did so, and received many unexpected images and realisations. I saw that the plane of Luna is full of unrealized things. I saw and felt the evolving effect that Luna has on one's inner vision. I understand how Yesod's position on the Tree of Life makes it a reflector of the Light of Tipareth, much like the Moon reflects the light of the Sun. It would seem that the Moon is an important Spiritual Gateway, ( I mean this in an initiatory fashion). It would seem that the higher energies we first experience before passing through that gateway are gentler, reflected energies, whose light has been dimmed by the moon the same as the moon has dimmed the Light of the Sun. I haven't verified this information through divination or study, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt.

...It sounds right to me, however. And I'm learning how to listen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Results: Spagyric Tincture using an unknown flower

I've created and refined my first spagryic tincture, and gotten results from it's use! For those not in the know, a spagyric tincture is an alchemical product made using a plant. The Process is deceptively simple; the results immediate and powerful. To create spagryic tinctures, the following equipment is required: 1 Mason Jar 1 Mortar and Pestle 1 Knife, blessed in Ritual Spagyric Supplies 1 Plant, that will be evolved by our Alchemy 1 Container containing a pure Alcohol 1 Retort 1 Butane Burner w/Fuel 1 Tripod/stand for the Retort Filtering Paper-lab grade is nice, but a couple of coffee filters will do just fine. 1 ceramic container for heating 1 Receiving Flask You will need some plastic wrap-to cover the lid of the Mason Jar, to prevent the metal from contacting the tincture. First Method Pick the plant during either the Planetary hour of the pow

Golden Dawn--WTF

Ave, I've been trying my level best to not talk about this latest eruption of foolishness, but good folks are being dragged through the mud (on both sides), and I've grown weary. This whole thing is a steaming pile of bullshit. No one is trying to "destroy" the Golden Dawn, that's just silliness. No one is trying to become the only "legitimate" Golden Dawn order either. I'm sickened by this display. Argue in a scholarly fashion! When did this sniping nonsense become the norm? A debate between honorable and wise gents (both of whom I consider Brothers in the Work) like Fraters AM and SR about the Sabbatian Qabbalah would be wonderful, if we could cut all the bullshit out. Quality conversations, ya'll.  Skip the vitriol, the name calling and the idiotic marketing methods. Yes, it is idiocy. This "McGolden Dawn" nonsense is stupid.Ya'll. GROW THE FUCK UP. For the record, The A+O's transmissions are valid, they are real. T

Bullshit Siddhis

Nsala malongo, So.....powers. They exist. You work your alchemy, and they start popping up. It isn't what you expect. It's not like the comics. Subtle things happen. You get a little something here, a big something there. Some of them appear useless at first. Some years ago, after work in the upper cinnabar field, I gained the dubiously awesome ability to see a sort of spirit double floating around people. At first I was BEYOND stoked, and thought I was well on my way toward ascension from my normal state into a vicious and powerful spiritual overlord, as was foretold. By me. When I was like, fourteen. Then, after the wonder wore off, I realized that this was absolutely useless. The double gave me no information about the person, no power to manipulate myself or the other. It was just there. So. Countless hours of heat and concentration, and the end result was this? Of course it *was* useful in the long-run, as a mark of my developing spiritual s